Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Politicians from Minnesota



Did you know?

The governor of Minnesota is Mark Dayton.  His family owned many stores, including the first Target store.

Minnesota has two senators.  One is Al Franken.  He was a comedian on Saturday Night Live.  Now he writes laws. 

The other senator is Amy Klobuchar.  She is the first woman senator from Minnesota.

Minnesota has eight Representatives.  One of them is Keith Ellison.  He is the first Muslim in Congress.  

 Another Representative from Minnesota is Michele Bachmann.  She is very famous for her opinions.  She is on TV a lot.  

Do you have a favorite politician?  Who is it?  Click "comments" to answer.  
 
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. My favorite politician is Keith Ellison, because he represents my district. I think he is honest and works hard. He stands up for people. I respect him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Hillary Clinton. She was a senator and now she is Secretary of State. She is a strong woman and she never backs down. She travels everywhere and talks to all the governments of other countries. She is going to retire soon, but I hope she becomes the first woman president.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like obama he is a precedent the usa he my favorite I respect :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LIKE obama .BECAUSE HE REPRESENTS THE FREEDOM THE HUMAN BEING ,HE IS HONEST , HE HELPS PEOPLE IN NEED.HE IS THE WORLD HONEST.
    I LIKE OBAMA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also really like Al Franken. He does a lot of good thing for soldiers, minorities, women, and people living in poverty. He is also really friendly when he comes to visit Neighborhood House.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Obama he has many opportunities for the students

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite politician is Lyndon Johnson. He made Congress work for all the people.

    ReplyDelete